Wednesday 26 May 2010

Latest paintings

 Here are 2 paintings I did for an exhibition called "Smalls" to be held in Canowindra in June. All the works in the exhibition have to be 10x10" but can be any subject...












































I went to Art in Action last weekend and did 3 landscape painting workshops, two with John Lacey and one with John Corby - both excellent landscape painters... Here is the painting I did with John Corby:

















So I came home and tried to get into some landscapes. this one is at Dunkeld with the Grampians in the distance...



















This is the view from the balcony of the place where I lived in Drummoyne many years ago:



















Guess what? I don't think I like doing landscapes. I'm going to the Mitchell Winter School in Bathurst in July and was going to do a week of landcape painting! I rang them today and asked to change to a portrait painting class. Now I'm excited. Here is the portrait I did today... lots to learn yet but it's a good start. It's a boy called Lachlan at Crossroads dressed up for the Christmas Pageant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...